Diploma in Aerospace Engineering Technology
About this course
Program Background of Aerospace engineering
Aerospace engineering is the primary field of engineering concerned with the development of aircraft and spacecraft. It has two major and overlapping branches: aeronautical engineering and astronautical engineering. Avionics engineering is similar, but deals with the electronics side of aerospace engineering.
The objective of our 4 years Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering program is to equip our students with education and skills, academically, technically and intellectually, to meet the demands of the modern aviation industry by producing qualified and competent aviation professionals. The curriculum of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology has been developed to achieve the enlisted objectives.
- Producing Diploma graduates that harbor excellent aviation technical abilities.
- Provide skills to build and promote a culture of safety in the aerospace industry.
- Promote a solid foundation for the continued utilization and up gradation of technology.
- Instill characteristics that will fully develop our students’ human potential.
- Be employable aircraft maintenance engineering technologists who are knowledgeable, skillful and exhibit excellent aviation technical abilities.
- Be able to troubleshoot broadly defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology problems and contributes to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified requirements.
- Be driven towards lifelong learning, research & development and contribute in the enhancement of the safety culture in the aviation industry.
- Be effectual technologists and function effectively as an individual or leader in diverse teams with professional ethics and high values.
- The 4 years Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology program is designed to produce following learning outcomes:
- Be able to apply knowledge Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology specialization to defined and applied Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Be able to identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly-defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Be able to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, databases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Be able to select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology practice and solutions to broadly defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology problems.
- Be able to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology work in the solution of broadly defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Be able to communicate effectively on broadly defined Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering Technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Be able to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist Engineering Technologies.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is actually associated with the maintenance and repair of aircraft.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers mainly deals with the maintenance of aircraft. They repair, troubleshoot issues, conduct inspections and make upgrades to air-crafts.
- It’s the AME who check the aircraft properly and sign the Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC). Only after this flight can take off.
- The golden era has been started. So all those who have desire of making career in aviation, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course is inviting you.
The course structure and syllabus are as follows:
Attached .pdf/ link:
Job placement sector:
- The Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Career Opportunities are at the below given places: Airlines .
- Airlines are the company which provide air transport for the passengers to travel.
- Before aircraft of these companies fly, it’s the duty of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer to analysis and solve the problems of Aircraft as so many lives are involved.
- After releasing Flight Releasing Certificate (FRC) only, an aircraft can fly.
Aircraft Manufacturing Companies
Aircraft Manufacturing Companies deals in the manufacturing of aircraft like Airbus, Boeing and etc. So, for the maintaining and operating engines, electronic systems etc, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are hired.
Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies
Aircraft is made up of numerous parts. For the manufacturing of those parts, there exists Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies. Aircraft Maintenance Engineers analyze all those parts and help them to build up the better one. Maintenance, Repair and Overhauls (MRO) industries.
MRO companies are actually the companies which specialize in performing maintenance actions on aircraft and their respective components like landing gears, jet engines and etc. To maintain these actions, licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are required.
Aircraft Operation Organizations:
ICAO, EASA, CAAB etc are the Aircraft Operation Organization. These organization mainly deals with the safety and security of the civil aviation. And when its about safety of aircraft, ‘Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’ is obviously the first term that comes in mind.
- A flying club is actually an organization that provides its members with affordable access to the aircraft.
- This aircraft require maintenance that is done by the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
Flying Academy/ Aviation Training Centers
These are centers or institute you can say where Aircraft Maintenance Engineers tell other candidates about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and its scope. And at any place where an aircraft is used in Civil at any place, wherever aircraft’s are used, they require to be maintained by authorized Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
7 th Semister