Diploma in Civil Engineering
About this course
One of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines, Civil Engineering involves planning, designing, constructing, maintaining and supervising infrastructures which include facilities essential to modern life like highways, bridges and tunnels, schools, hospitals, airports and other buildings, sewage systems and water treatment facilities. Subsequently, the course also involves protecting the public and environmental health as well as improving existing infrastructure.
Diploma in Civil Engineering is 4 year long program and it consisting of 8 semesters (each semester is 6 month). Two exam such as in-course and final exam held per semester conducted under the supervision of Bangladesh technical Education Board (BTEB).
Job placement sector
- Local Government Engineering Department (LGED)
- Local Government Rural Department (LGRD)
- Local Government Division (LGD)
- Bangladesh Institute of Research and Training on Applied Nutrition (BIRTAN)
- Education Engineering Department (EED)
- Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha (RAJUK)
- Bangladesh Bridge Authority (BBA)
- Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA)
- Bangladesh Railway
- Health Engineering Department (HED)
- Roads and Highway Department (RHD)
- Public Works Department (PWD)
- Power Grid Company of Bangladesh (PGCB)
- Bangladesh Water Development Board (BWDB)
- Bangladesh power Development Board (BPDB)
- Bangladesh power Distribution Company (BPDC)
- Abdul Monem Ltd
- Building Technology and Ideas Ltd BTI
- Anwar Landmark
- Shanta Holdings Ltd
- Rangs Properties Ltd
Job fields in civil engineering
- Transportation Planning
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
Civil Department at ISTT
Institute of science trade & Technology (ISTT) established in 1998 to produce skilled manpower & remove unemployment problem. Institute of science trade & Technology (ISTT) is affiliated institute under Bangladesh Technical Education Board. This institute provided 4 years Diploma in Civil Engineering degree since 2003-04 sessions. Our students achieved outstanding results in Technical board. Our passes out students are playing important role & position in different Government & Private Sectors in Bangladesh & abroad.
The admission procedure starts after the SSC results. There is mainly one session in a year. Students have to follow the admission announcement which is given by the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) authority. Usually the admission procedure starts after May depending on the SSC result.
- Minimum SSC/ Equivalent Passed.
- Minimum GPA 2.00 & 40% marks on General Math
- No restriction for the age and the SSC passing year
Opportunity of Higher Education
After complete Diploma in Civil Engineering they are having scope to complete their B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Civil Engineering from DUET,IEB and many private universities in Bangladesh. Students also getting their B.Sc. , M.Sc. and PhD degree from abroad.
7 th Semister